Monday, April 9, 2012

Canning Jars





My dad bought a new farm with this old, decrepid house on it, but there was some buried treasure--there were hundreds of canning jars in the garage. My mom and I and the kids and Kirsten went over and filled our cars with box-fuls of jars before the house was burned down because last year we ran out! And, they run about $1 each, even at DI, so I brought home 113, and mom had a few more boxes than me, so we think it was a good deal! It was quite an adventure that the kids are still talking about--we think the old occupants were hoarders! Some were full and Marissa was quite intrigued with figuring out what was in each one as we emptied them. Kinda feel bad for pouring someone's hard work down the drain...but I don't think any of it was good, and none of it was labeled.