Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cookbook Corrections

For all of you who have my cookbook, I wanted to post all the corrections we've made over the last nearly 2 years. We proofread it over and over before publishing it, but in using it, we've found a few mistakes and things that needed clarification. Please pull out your cookbook and make these changes/additions and pass them on to anyone you know who might have a book who doesn't read our blog:
Page 7-Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms--add to ingredients 8 oz. mushrooms
Page 89-Hawaiian Sandwiches--add to ingredients 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Page 113-Buttermilk Biscuits--should read 1 1/2 C buttermilk (instead of milk)
Page 121-Bread--Add to ingredients 6 C. warm water
Page 130-Jennifer Barzee's Maple Frosting--stir in powdered sugar with maple and vanilla
Page 139-Lemon Bars--should read 1/4 tsp baking powder
Page 180-No-Bake Cookies--boil for 3 minutes instead of 4
Page 208-Crepes--should read 1 C milk (instead of 1 1/2 C milk)
Page 221-Canned Apple Pie Filling--To serve: Prepare pastry for 2 crust 8-9 inch pie. Line pie plate with pastry; add 1 quart apple pie filling. Adjust top crust, cutting slits for escape of steam; seal. Bake at 400 for 50 minutes.
On the order form in the back of the book, the price to order more cookbooks has gone up to $20.

P.S. Let me know if you have any other recipe questions or corrections!

3 comments:

Adams said...

YOU HAVE A COOKBOOK?!

Kyla said...

I do--my mom and I published one for Christmas nearly 2 years ago. it's a lot of family recipes, and then what we've collected through the years. kinda fun, huh? If you're interested in buying one, I can email you my mom's info.

Sara said...

um, I want your cook book.