Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy Father's Day




Ty is a fabulous dad and supportive husband. I feel so lucky to have him. After our father's Day breakfast, I found him and the kids snuggled up together in Chandler's bed. This is his 7th father's day, so here are 7 things I love about him:
1-He has high standards for raising our kids--he wants them to turn out top-notch
2-Ty spends time with them every day--they love it when he comes home and wrestles with them, tickles them, chases them, or plays games with them
3-Ty is a hands-on dad: changing diapers, immunizations, school plays, etc. He isn't above doing any of that stuff.
4-Family Night, scripture study, and family prayer are part of our daily and weekly routines, and Ty is good at applying them to our kids and providing teaching moments to our kids.
5-Ty is a great provider for us plus he realizes that although money is necessary, the most important things to give our kids don't cost a thing: time, attention, and love.
6-He holds the priesthood, and honors it, and happily offers it to us.
7-Ty puts his family and kids first.

1 comments:

Adams said...

Hi sweetheart! It has been a long time. I hope you are feeling well. I love these pictures of Ty with the kids. I can't believe how different Marissa looks. It puts how much time has past in perspective. I still love your influence you had on me in Rexburg. I'll never forget your open mind and kind words. I love you.