Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day
















Valentine's Day is such a fun holiday! I have always loved making special things for those dear to me. Lucky for me, now my kids like to join me in that tradition. They are always up for a fun cooking or craft project. We have a lot of fun together. The icing on the cake is sharing what we make with others and seeing their reactions. I love "upcycling" things too, and the sweet hearts and love boat were made from things we already had (who doesn't have a few leftover candycanes after Christmas, eh?). Chandler made the love boat for his kindergarten Valentine mailbox out of an orange juice carton.

Ty and I went out on the Friday before Valentine's Day to celebrate (much easier to find sitters and not fight the crowded restaurants). Marissa took our picture for us--tee, hee. We had a yummy steak and seafood dinner, then went to a high school basketball game. (I surprised Ty and boy, was he surprised!! He thought we were going to a musical--hahaha!!) We had a lot of fun. Ty got me the most thoughtful gift this year--a heater for my office. We can't figure out why, but my office is like 10 degrees colder than the rest of the house. I always dread working in there and practicing the piano with Miss in there. Well...not anymore!! Thanks you honey--I love it!

To start off our day, I made the kids pink heart pancakes for breakfast and gave them coupons for the DVD "Tangled", when it comes out, and for an outing to Kiwi Loco for a frozen yogurt treat.

0 comments: