Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy 18th Birthday, Darek








Darek, my youngest little brother (or should I say my biggest brother who is the youngest brother) turned 18 on July 30th. I should've posted this before our Oregon trip--oops. Well, Darek is a cool brother to me, and a fun Uncle for my kids. They love him. He is the one standing up, holding Marissa. We went to Twin Falls and ate a delicious dinner and Italian sodas at Johnny Carino's. We always have fun together. So you know what Darek spent the entire afternoon doing? Helping us landscape our yard--planting trees and shrubs, and planting grass. He also brought me a delicious Canteloupe that he grew--he and my other brother grow several acres of watermelons and canteloupes. Their business is growing quickly, and their melons are vine-ripened sweet, and fresh. He's a great kid (and an awesome catch, I might add, to those friends of mine around that age!) Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Elise said...

The pictures you took are beautiful!! I can see why you took 250. It would be fun to go there one day. I'm glad you had fun :)

Unknown said...

I agree one hundred percent. Darek is a great kid and you have an awesome family! barb

The Staker Family said...

So whatcha doin' this weekend? We are going to Down-at-a Hot Springs, you guys should come. I think Hailey would have a heart attack! e-mail me kristystaker@yahoo.com, and we can exchange #'s and info!