Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Cute Kindergartener On Her First Day of School







Well, it's one of those bittersweet times--my oldest child is starting school. I admit my voice cracked saying goodbye while my little girl climbed on that big school bus and went to school. As soon as she was out of waving distance, I raced to her school to meet her there. We were both relieved to see each other when she disembarked. I shamelessly snapped pictures of the whole thing. This is a big day to remember, after all!!

So the day started out at 6 a.m. when Marissa woke me up--"Mom, I'm dressed already, and my bed's made and my alarm hasn't even gone off yet." Now, you may think this is abnormal (well, it is abnormal for most people) and that after a few days or weeks she'll be hard to get up. Not so, she has always been an early bird (which is really nice now that she's in school).

Anyway, she wore her favorite outfit--pink and butterflies are the 2 essential features. Butterfly backpack, butterfly pants, butterfly jacket; pink vest, pink jacket, pink backpack, pink hairthings, sparkly pink belt. She's pure, sweet girl all the way through.

Chandler wanted to be in on every minute of it--he really loved waiting at the bus stop with her and waving at her--"Goodbye Miss, have a good day, see ya later, I love you". Chandler and I had fun making cookies for Missy while she was at school. All growing up, my mom would always make cookies for us on the first day of school. I always loved it, so we are carrying on the tradition.

The time slowly ticked by as I nervously watched the clock--no mom wants to ba late picking up their kindergartener on the first day of school. I was relieved to see her smiling face and be reunited with her, and upon inspection decided that she was whole and well and happy, and that this school stuff is gonna be alright.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not just cute...she looked AADDOOOORRRAAAABBBLLLEEEE!!! \Glad she has a Mom who cares and knows how to "do it right!'
bb

Shaunna said...

She looks so ready for school. I love her outfit and Brinlee would love it too. It's nice to know there are places in the US that we can let our kids go on a school bus. I kept Brinlee back just so we could avoid public schools in florida altogether. We miss you guys.