Monday, January 5, 2009

8 years of marital bliss

Ty and I just celebrated our eighth anniversary on December 20. Actually, we ended up celebrating it after Christmas, but we had fun. We went to Pocatello and ate at Texas Roadhouse Grill. Then we stayed the night at the Black Swan Inn. It's a themed suite inn. Our room was Romeo and Juliette. It was a castle with a heart shaped jacuzzi, a winding staircase up to the bed on the balcony, a huge-screened TV, a DVD collection, a huge double headed shower, and the toilet was an actual throne with a red carpet (it was tile) going up to it. They also had mints, hot chocolate, popcorn, bottled water, and a continental breakfast at Perkins restaurant. We definitely felt pampered. It was a fun getaway. Wish I would've taken pictures.

I am so grateful to Ty. He is a wonderful hubby. Here are 8 things I love about him:
1-He is very patient with me
2-He is a fun daddy--he plays with the kids a lot and adores them
3-Ty honors his priesthood and is dedicated in his church responsibilities
4-He is thoughtful and generous to me
5-Ty is humble and teachable and forgiving
6-Ty is family oriented--putting them first and teaching them good values
7-He is a hard worker--going through so much schooling and providing well for our family so I can stay home with our kids.
8-Ty treats my family good--they all love him because he's fun, considerate, helpful, and a good listener.

I know we've had challenges and hard times, but I'm glad you haven't given up on me honey. You are far more than I deserve. I'm lucky to have you.
Love ya, Ky

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Wow, you guys have been married 8 years. Congratulations and I'm so happy to hear you got some time to yourselves.

Unknown said...

I agree with what you said about Ty but I think you compliment him beautifully and he's a lucky guy to have a wife like you. Cheers to the "power couple" I love you both. barb