Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy birthday to me! The big two seven..


You know, 27 is getting close to 30--I kinda am feeling old this year. We had a fun triple birthday party on new years eve. My sister, Kirsten, turned 10 on dec. 26 and my brother, David, turned 21 on Dec 27th, and my birthday is Jan 4. So all the family came over to our house for one big bash. We had a big birthday dinner of oven fried chicken, mashed potatoes and country gravy, glazed carrots, fresh steamed broccoli, frogeye salad, pomegranite punch, cheesecake with raspberry topping, and chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and ice cream. YUM!!!! WE played wacky six, watched man vs. wild, and opened gifts. Ty got me a gorgeous picture of the Twin falls temple, my mom and dad got me a wheat grinder, and the kids each wrapped up a bunch of their own toys for me. On Sunday, my actual birthday, Ty made me a delish dinner--tender roastbeef, mashed potatoes and gravy, fruit salad, and best of all--Ty made butter topped homemade rolls using some freshly ground flour he made in my new wheat grinder. A lot of work and love in them, and they were excellent. Ty's parents came to visit sunday and brought me some luxurious chocolate colored towels, a pretty red placemat set (my fave color), and a set of glsses to use for company and special occasions. In church, the primary kids sang to me, and I also got phone calls and emails--thanks everyone!! I feel loved.

0 comments: