Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Day





















Christmas began at 1:15 in the morning for us. Ty was concerned that the kids would see the gifts under the tree en route to our bedroom to wake us up Christmas morning, so he gave Miss a cell phone to call him--but on strict order that only when the time started with a 6 or 7 . If it started with a different number, it was still sleeping time. The phone startled us awake at 1:15. "Is it time to open presents yet, dad?" "It's still nighttime Marissa. Call back when the time is a 6 or 7." 3:15 in the morning:"Dad, is it time yet?" "no, it's still nighttime." "I can't sleep." "Do you want me to come tickle you softly so you can go to sleep?" "Yes" So Ty went and shared Missy's bed for the night. Not long after, Chandler couldn't sleep and came and got in bed with me. It was pretty funny.

Christmas morning was exciting!! You should see the look on Chandler's face while he tears open a gift--he REALLY got into it. He definitely has that rough boy side. He was elated with his bat, ball, and mitt. Marissa oodled and awed over her beautiful musical jewelry box. I am sooooooo excited for my new camera--I went from 5 to 10 megapixels, and a screen literally 4 times the size. Ty likes his recliner and the kids love the bean bag--so far, the only furniture in our basement was one recliner we bought right when we moved in. It's nice, but can only fit one adult, or both the kids, so now, there is room for the whole family. (We're still working on guest seating.)

After a huge, delicious country breakfast, we played for a while, then headed out to my family's for the afternoon and evening. WEll, Ty thought he could bust through the 4 foot snow drift right outside our garage door. no need to shovel, right? The drift ended up being hard enough for me to walk on top without doing any damage to it, and the truck ended up being high centered on it. It took 2 neighbors, 3 shovels, and 1 hour to get us on the road. I thought it was hilarious. All the while I was snapping pix with my new camera. I also took pictures of what it looked like when I opened our front door. (we had a 14 stake fast for moisture, and we've been getting pounded.)

At my parents house, my soon to be sister in law brought her new Wii and we did guitar hero and bowling, and other games. It was fun (Ty wants one now). Then we had a huge dinner, and then sang Christmas carols around the piano. I love doing that, and it's been years since I have. Then my mom and I stayed home while the rest of the fam went to the movies and saw that adam Sandler show--bedtime stories, or something like that. It was in Burley, so my fam just dropped Ty off at our house after. Well, the roads got too bad, and I ended up being snowed in, so we spent the night. The funny thing was that after we had gotten stuck in the snow leaving our house, we threw in the snow shovel in case we had other problems. Ty had to drive my car to work, cuz I was snowed in with his pickup at my parents, but he had no shovel to dig out of the other side of the drive way. So he had to go back and forth, back and forth, inch by inch and finally maneuvered out of his side where we had dug the pickup out. The snow shovel did come in handy the next day for me, when my kids and my 2 sisters and I made a snow cave by my parents house. It was way fun!! We got it big enough for 4 of the 5 of us. It was heavy snow and hard work.

1 comments:

Adams said...

I don't even know what I can say about all that snow! Wow!