Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dressin' Up For Halloween











Marissa was a darling, sweet blue fairy this year. She had glittery wings, a jeweled crown, and blue slippers. She loved wearing some of mom's makeup to school. I got to put on Marissa's party at school--we had a pumpkin ring toss, and a cake walk thing (but with treat bags, not cake--you can't have anything homemade.) So each child got to play both games till they got a pumpkin and a treat bag. Chandler came and participated and loved it . After games and treats, they had a parade in the gym, and all the kids loved that--prancing aroung in their costumes, smiling and waving. Chandler was a chicken--such a cute chubby-cheeked boy. He would flap his wings while he ran around clucking. The only thing about his costume was that it was hot, which is perfect at night for trick-or-treating, but too warm to run around inside. I wore a midevil dress that my 16 year old sister made last year--she did a good job. After school, Ty's parents came over to visit the kids, and then we went trick-or-treating to Ty's grandma Lois, to an elderly couple that I visit teach, and to Ty's dental office. My brother, Damon, and his wife, Catherine, came with their little girl, McKenna (she's almost one), and my mom, my brother Darek, and my little sister Kirsten (who's 9), all came over for a dinner-in-a-pumpkin Halloween dinner. (The rest of my siblings and dad were running a spook alley at my dad's garden center.)Then we went trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. Trick-or-treating was fun, but Chandler and McKenna fell asleep half was through it. I think Kirsen and Marissa kinda wanted to go a little longer, but oh, well. At least the weather held out--it barely sprinkled a few times, but nothing major enough to have to go home.

0 comments: