Monday, September 22, 2008

Adventures With Pinky-Pie (the cat)



Marissa spends every waking minute with her beloved Pinky-Pie. She says things like "She wants her mom, and that's me. Chandler is her dad. She is my cutie-pie baby. Her whole name is Pinky-Pie Butterfly Bodily."

The other day, the funniest thing happened. Marissa was outside playing with Pinky-Pie, as usual, and I went out to tell Marissa it was dinner time. She came inside and washed up. We started eating and we asked how the cat was. Marissa said, "It's her nap time. She was tired, so I put her down for a nap." We inquired where she was sleeping, and her method of "putting her down", and asked Miss if she thought the kitty was still asleep.

Marissa explained that she wrapped her up tight in a towel, then put her in the basket of her scooter, and turned off the light in the garage. And of course she's still asleep, mom, I'm her mom and I know what's best for her.

Ty and I jumped up to go save the poor thing. We raced to the garage, opened the door, and turned on the light, only to find the peacefully slumbering kitty, exactly as described. Our laughter quickly awoke the poor thing. We suggested that although she looked quite content and comfy, that we should probably find a more suitable bed, as the scooter could easily tip over, and she was wrapped tightly, and that wasn't a good combination. I did snap a couple of pix to share first, though.

0 comments: