Monday, September 1, 2008

Camp Bradley for Labor Day Weekend











We went up by Stanley, Idaho for our last reunion of the summer. It's the firt time Ty and the kids have been up there, and they all loved it. We've been having those reunions there for over 20 years. It's actually really fun to see Marissa get to do the same things I did when I was little. It's gonna be fun to compare pictures--I was about her age when we first started going. A few things we did: hike, swim, ride 4 wheelers, catch frogs, make smores, play at the creek, play board/card games, and of course talk and eat A LOT!!

One thing that was different than all other years was that we woke up this morning to snow!!! It's the only labor day of my life to snow. Marissa and Chandler were loving every minute of it. They were enthralled with the kid-size 4 wheelers, and I was a little apprehensive at first, but they got the hang of it so quickly, and the bikes can't go very fast. Marissa, Chandler, and another girl, Avery, literally loved a frog to death. Poor thing. They kept catching the same one over and over, and kept holding it a little too tight (it kept trying to jump out of their hands), then on it's final release, Avery took her dad literally when he told her to throw it back--it hit a rock and died.

It was absolutely gorgeous there. I really love the mountains. It was so fun reconnecting with all my family after not seeing most of them for 4 years.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

It looks like you guys had an amazing time. I can't believe it snowed while you were there. It made it so that the mountains looked so beautiful covered by snow. You have such a cute family.

Shaunna said...

What a fun Labor Day..Those pictures make me really miss the West. Thanks for sharing them with us. You guys look great!

Unknown said...

Oh, that does look like a blast!

Snow! wow! Just what you Floridians would enjoy!

Glad you could go...and I agree, you have a wonderful family.

BArb