Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Kids say the darndest things...

Marissa absolutely loves her kitty--so much that whenever she is with her, she is holding her--she can't stand to put her down. (This can go on for hours.) I'm not sure if you'd call it "mothering" or "Smothering". So yesterday they were in the back yard "Playing" (she's been holding her for an hour) and I said, "Marissa, Why don't you put Pinky-Pie down and let her go play." Her eyes get big, then she forces a brave and cheerful face and nervously and carefully replies, "Okay..... I'm just going to be like a normal mom--Relax and follow your baby." I ran inside and burst out laughing while I wrote it down for future blogging reference. So hilarious!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

kyla. did she say that? that is hilarious. how in the sam hill did she think that? you would have said that? i am laughing out loud!!!!She cracks me up! she is one of a kind wonderful! Grandma B

Deb and Chad Crowther said...

Hey! I found your blog from Kylee's blog....it's so good to see what you've been up to! I hope you are liking you new home back West. Your kids are so grown up!! Man how time flies. I'm so impressed with you and your homemaking skills...canning, baking pies, you're amazing! Keep in touch!

Kyla said...

Debbie--good to hear from you too! I'll have to check out your blog. Is it okay if I add you to my blog list?