Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy 4th of July!





I love the parade in Rupert, Idaho! I truly do. It's so quaint and heartwarming! There are some true-blue patriots here. It's fun to let my kids share in the traditions of my childhood and youth. So this is what we do--Go to the parade: the jet flies over at the beginning, and the veterans present the flag. Then the kids get tons of candy and otter pops and toys. My favorite float was our stakes float with the twin falls temple on it. The stunt guy on the motorcycle is always cool to watch.


Then we eat Mexican food from the special booths that they set up just for the week. Such GOOOOOOD food. While we were eating we had quite the surprise--Dione brought home some friends from college--Maudeline Agnor and Makney (don't know how to spell his name) from our Florida ward! It was so fun. He brought 3 other friends as well. We hung out and played around at grandpas by the river, then had a big barbeque and great fireworks.


0 comments: