Thursday, July 24, 2008

A new attachment

It's funny how kids can get attached to things so quickly. We were at the park swinging on the swings, and this little boy came over. Chandler and he swung next to each other for about 15 minutes. I think they MAY have said 2 or 3 things to each other. So, the little boy has to leave, and Chandler hangs his head and starts babbling sadly to himself, "He is my new friend. I'm going to miss him ALL day. I'm going to miss him in my brain.." and on and on. I was laughing. Kids make new friends and new attchments with such ease--oh, to be a child again--so innocent and trusting and unjudgemental.

So, this guy doing our landscaping yesterday was riding a tractor, tilling our yard, and he was smoking a cigarette, out in the blazing sun. My kids were mezmerized watching him work from inside our air conditioned home. Then Marissa turns to me and says, "Why would he want a fire in his mouth? It's so hot today, I wouldn't want something hot in my mouth." True. I never thought of it that way. I've never tried it though. I wonder if they do feel hot in your mouth and throat? Any comments of experience on that one?? It's okay if no one wants to make a confession of their experimentation though.

0 comments: