Sunday, July 27, 2008

4- Raspberry Jam



My mouth is watering just looking at these pictures. I love raspberries, and my all time favorite jam is raspberry. I found them on a good sale, and bought a whole flat. This is my 2nd time ever making it and the first time was 5 years ago WITH my mom). You can imagine my joy when all the bottles sealed. Sometimes they don't seal for one reason or another, and it is very frustrating when it happens. I ended up just 1/2 inch shy of 7 jars, which is also frustrating. I want to make more, and after all the hassle of making it, ty wonders why I want to make more still. I keep telling Ty, If we really had to live off our food storage for a year, we would want jam. Bread would be one of our main staples, and with 9 bottles now in storage(3 blueberry and 6 raspberry), that is less than 3/4 of a jar a month. The hardest part of ir all was taking the seeds out of 1/2 the berries. It took me nearly an hour. It is tedious work pushing berries through a sieve. But, when I was done, it was well worth the effort--the jam is mouthwateringly DELICIOUS!!!

0 comments: