Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our Sunday

Chandler bit the dust today (sundays seem to be dangerous for him lately). Poor baby, he cried and cried. Not sure exactly how he did it. Could probably just chalk it up to the fact that he's a boy, though. It's quite the dinger--his chipped tooth nearly went through his lip.

Marissa is so excited about her hair things, and she really wants to learn how to do her own hair. She came to me today-"I did my own hair mom, do you like it?" Very creative!! I think it's a concept we can work with. She's becoming very girly lately--she has worn sundresses, skirts, and jumpers nearly everyday this week. She has spent quite a bit of time in front of the mirror, styling her hair, and applying lipgloss. Today she asked me if she could get her ears "speared" (pierced). She bats her eyes at me whenever she asks me a question, and yesterday she turned to her aunt Kirsten after taking a drink, and in a prim and proper voice said, "Isn't this juice exquisite?" I tell ya, this girl is 5 going on 16.

Today we were blog-surfing, and Chandler saw a picture of some friends (Carter and Avry Johnson) at their old house. He said,"I remember going there. Can we go there again?" I said, Oh, they live far away now, it would take a long time to get there. Chandler quickly replied, "That's okay, we can just drive fast--dad can drive us there." I love how kids are ever optimistic. They aren't put out by a challenge or discouraged by a road block. They just come up with more creative options or compromises.

3 comments:

B. Surfer said...

We're kinda close? Right? Parker isn't too far from Burley... hahahha. One of these days a visit will be made.

Annie said...

Funny stories! We love your blog. Can't wait for Oregon!

The Staker Family said...

So Hailey's grandparents are taking her to Boise this weekend to see her cousin and I said she would be driving through where Marissa lives. She asked if it was closer to go to your house or her other grandparent's house in Utah and I didn't really know. So I got out the streets and trips program that Allan has and mapped out from our house to Rupert. (is that where you live? I know it's where your parent's live) I was so surprised that we could be there in less than two hours! So anyway, long story short we are a lot closer than I was thinking and we should come and visit you sometime. I know Hailey would be super excited.