Sunday, July 27, 2008

My little fish





Marissa has done 2 sessions of swimming lessons since we got to Idaho. She could go across the pool in Florida, and could jump in the deep end by herself, but it was pretty much doggy paddling, so we decided she could use some technique lessons to be more efficient. She absolutely loves it. She asks at least 10 times a day how many hours it is till her next lesson.

She skipped level one entirely, then breezed through level 2. Level 3 has been much more challenging though. The kids in her class are so much taller than my little 5 year old (they are 8 and 9 year olds)and they have the lessons in the 4 foot part (which everyone but her can touch the bottom). So, she has to tread water the entire time, and can't push off the bottom of the pool. But, she has loved every minute of it, and she's learned quickly.

The lessons are $16 for 2 weeks (10 days at 45 minutes each) which I thought was a steal. The pool is less than a mile away which is nice. (Not quite like Florida here--there are only 2 pools in the whole city)

Marissa's favorite part is going off the diving board into the deep end. "It's 11 feet deep and my teacher can't even touch!"

I had to get Mariisa a swim cap, because the chlorine was turning her hair blue (much to her dismay, "But mom, I'm turning into a mermaid.")

1 comments:

The Staker Family said...

I feel cheated, swim lessons here are $32 for 10 30 min. sessions! It cost me $96 to put the 3 kids in one session.