Sunday, July 13, 2008

"I think we underestimate him..."

Today Marissa was in charge of leading the primary in the 7th article of faith. She's had it pretty much memorized since she was 4, but was a little rusty, so we've been practicing this week. She has it down by heart except she says "givings" instead of "visions" (haven't figured out why, but it was engrained that way). So I think we repeated it literally 50 times this morning before church started at 11:00, each time emphasizing "visions" (she probably only got it right 10 of those times!) Well, tonight I was going to read the kids stories before bed, and Chandler and I were waiting while Marissa brushed her teeth. I started humming the song for the 7th article of faith, and Chandler (who just turned 3 in May) sang the ENTIRE thing perfectly only missing 2 words--of tongues. "we believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation (of tongues) and so forth". I couldn't believe he could even say the big words like "revelation" and "interpretation". Ty just looked at me with wide eyes and said, "I think we underestimate him." Holy cow--ya, I think so. Scary what they can absorb so quickly...

0 comments: